MHM Law Group
Call: (800) 360-3038


Temporary Visas

Diplomats (A Visa)

Diplomats and foreign government officials can apply for the either the A-1 of A-2 visa. A-1 Visa is non-immigrant Visa which allows travel to the United States for ambassadors, ministers, diplomats, and officers. A-2 Visa allows travel to the US for certain government officials, employees, and their technical and support staff.

Visitors (B Visa)

The visitor visa for business is a non-immigrant visa for persons who wish to enter the US temporarily for business (B-1) or medical treatment (B-2).

Transit (C Visa)

Transit Visa is useful for traveling to different countries. Adults and children both need a visa when leaving the US.

Crew Members (D Visa)

A foreign national serving in a capacity required for normal operations and service on board a vessel or aircraft. Crewmen are admitted for twenty-nine days, with no extensions.

Treaty Traders (E-1 Visa)

E-1 Visa is for immigrants of a treaty country who want to be admitted to the US simply to engage in international trade on his/her own behalf.

Treaty Investors (E-2 Visa)

E-2 Visa is for investors who are nationals of a country in which the US maintains a treaty of navigation and commerce to be admitted to the US when investing a good amount of capital in a US business.

Australian Professionals (E-3 Visa)

E-3 Visa is for professional Australians who have their Bachelor’s degree, an offer of employment in the US, and have the desire of coming to the US to work.

Students (F Visa)

F-1 Visa is for students who have the desire to pursue their academic studies in the US.

International Organizations (G Visa)

Diplomats, government officials, and employees who will work for international organizations in the United States need G Visa

Professionals (H-1B Visa)

H-1B Visa is for foreign-born professionals who have offers of employment in the US and have a minimum of a four-year university degree, be paid at the hourly wage, and the job must require a minimum of a four-year university degree.

Agricultural Workers (H-2A Visa)

The H-2A program allows US employers to bring immigrant foreign workers to the US to fill temporary agricultural jobs.

Temporary Workers (H-2B Visa)

The H-2B program allows US employers to bring immigrant foreign workers to the US to fill temporary nonagricultural jobs.

Trainees (H-3 Visa)

The H-3 non-immigrant visa category allows foreign nationals coming temporarily to the United States as either Trainee or special education exchange training program that provides for practical training and experience in the education of children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities. It is designed to provide a foreign national with job-related training for work that will ultimately be performed outside the United States

Journalists (I Visa)

Representatives of the foreign media, including members of the press, radio, film, and print industries, traveling temporarily to the United States to work in their profession engaged in informational or educational media activities, essential to the foreign media function can obtain I visa.

Exchange Visitors (J Visa/Waivers)

J-1 Visa is nonimmigrant Visa for exchange visitors participating in medical or business training within the US.

Fiancées of US Citizens (K-1 Visa)

K-1 Visa is valid for four months and are for fiancés of US citizens allowing them to come to the US to get married. This is available for male-female and for same-sex marriages. Steps to establish eligibility include submitting the I-129F petition to the USCIS to be approved. Once it is approved it will be forwarded to a US Consulate where the fiancé will apply for his or her visa.

Spouses of US Citizens (K-3 Visa)

The alien spouse of a U.S. citizen and his or her minor children to be admitted to the United States as non-immigrants while they are awaiting the adjudication of a Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

Intracompany Transferees (L-1 Visa)

The L-1 Visa applies for intracompany transferee workers who are coming temporarily to perform services either in managerial or executive capacity (L-1A) or specialized knowledge (L-1B).

Vocational Students (M Visa)

An M-1 visa (student visa) allows international students to attend a trade school or practical training school in the US.

Extraordinary Ability (O Visa)

O Visa is for persons of extraordinary ability. They demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics (O-1), they must be athletes, or artist’s (O-2), and must be the O-1 visa holder’s spouse and children (O-3).

Athletes/Entertainers (P Visa)

P Visa is granted to foreign nationals coming to the US to temporarily work as an athlete, entertainer, or artist. There are three different types of P Visa.

  • P-1: Applies to those coming to the US to temporarily perform at a specific athlete competition as an athlete.
  • P-2: Applies to those who are coming temporarily to perform as an artist or entertainer.
  • P-3: Applies to those who are coming to temporarily perform, teach, or coach as artists or entertainers.

Cultural Exchange (Q Visa)

The Q-1 Visa applies for those who are in an international cultural exchange program designated by the USCIS.

Religious Workers (R Visa)

R-1 Visa is for religious workers who are coming to the US to temporarily work. In order to be eligible for the R-1 visa, you must have been a member of a religious Christian church for at least 2 years.

Witnesses/Informants (S Visa)

An S visa is given to those who helped the US law enforcement agency either as a witness or informant.

Victims of Human Trafficking (T Visa)

A T visa allows victims of human trafficking and their immediate family members to remain and work temporarily in the US.

NAFTA Professionals (TN Visa)

North American Free Trade Agreement created TN Visa for eligible Canadian and Mexican professional workers to be able to work temporarily in the US.